For more information: Gallatin College Programs
Welcome to the
College of Technology in Bozeman!
NEWS! Celebrate the accomplishments of the Class of 2010. Commencement for graduates from the COT in Bozeman will be held on the evening of Friday, April 7.
Gallatin Valley residents now have access to some of the best benefits of a local two-year college!
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Aviation
- Associate of Applied Science in Design Drafting
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Interior Design
- Certificate of Applied Science in Welding Technology
- Preparatory courses in Math and English prepare students for college level courses
All classes are taught on the MSU campus.
- When students complete the Associate of Applied Science degree program in Aviation, they will have all the credentials required to pursue a career as a professional pilot.
- When students completely the Associate of Applied Science in Design Drafting they will be prepared to create detail and assembly drawings to American National Standings Institute (ANSI) standards on the drawing board; create detail and assembly drawings using computer-aided design software (CAD); create two-dimensional layouts from three-dimensional solid models using CAD software; create a site plan including topography using CAD software; create thematic maps from GIS data; and solve graphical problems using the principles of descriptive geometry.
- When students complete the Associate of Applied Science degree program in Interior Design, they will have the knowledge and skills to pursue a career as an Interior Designer. Interior Design is a creative yet highly skilled occupation. Designers draft, sketch, and use Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) to design interiors for homes, businesses, schools, and other public spaces.
- When students complete the Certificate of Applied Science in Welding Technology, they will have the knowledge and skills to make satisfactory welds using the following techniques: shielded metal arc welding, gas metal arc welding, gas tungsten arc welding, and flux cored arc welding.
The College of Technology's academic success initiatives provide the courses, services, and support necessary for college academic success.
College preparatory courses allow students to sharpen their skills and understanding to prepare for higher levels of Math and English.
The mission of the developmental education program is to provide engaging learning opportunities to enable students to enhance academic and life skills, to succeed in developmental coursework, to excel in subsequent college-level courses, and to become lifeline learners.
Services for Students
- Free tutoring for Math and English
- Well-equipped and comfortable student computer lab
- Assistance with admissions, application, and other administrative procedures
- Referral for other community and Montana State University resources
- Assessment placement
- Test proctoring for online courses
- Online two-year degrees, certificates, and courses are available through MSU-Great Falls Distance Learning Department. The variety of courses is wide, and you can't beat having it all delivered in the comfort of your own home.